1. Get outside! Take a walk, locally, to the nearest park, woods or town centre- take notice of what is around you- what are you seeing? Hearing? How are you feeling?
2.Dog walking- Sign up to your local dog walking service via dogs trust or other local sanctuary’s. It is free to sign up, you can get some free exercise and feel great about taking a homeless dog out for a walk and a bit of attention for an hour or so. This personally makes me feel great!
3.Get creative- Is there something you could make? Baking, painting, drawing or perhaps some gardening.
4. Homemade pamper scrub- You can use some olive oil, can use sugar grains and mix with essential oils (if you have some at home) if not just plain sugar and oil works wonderfully. This is a refreshing treatment that leaves you feeling pampered and skin beautifully soft!
5. Make a feel good playlist- use a free app like spotify to create your own play list. What songs make you feel good? Which songs remind you of someone you care about? Which songs make you feel good?
6. Learn something new: There are lots of free courses online from creative courses, introductory courses into broader topics or free languages courses too.
7. De-clutter- are there items that you don’t need/ don’t use anymore? That item of clothing you hold onto but haven’t worn or haven’t worn in a while? Consider selling online and make yourself some money in the process! De-cluttering can be therapeutic and can help you feel a sense of achievement
8. Food prep- make a food list, cook a healthy meal or food prep for the week ahead some healthy meals and recipes.
9. Practice some mindfulness meditation- free mindfulness tools can be found on YouTube.
10. Finally, do whatever feels right and what your body needs- start with a 30 min self-care schedule a couple of times per week and allocate this time to do any of the above or something else. It might be a bath, it might be watching your favourite programme, taking a nap, going to bed early or anything you need in that moment to promote self care.